Use Strong and Unique Passwords:
- Always create strong, unique passwords for your email accounts. A strong password typically includes a combination of upper and lower-case letters, numbers, and special characters.
Enable Two-Factor Authentication (2FA):
- Whenever possible, enable two-factor authentication on your email accounts. This adds an extra layer of security by requiring a second form of verification in addition to your password.
Beware of Phishing Emails:
- Be cautious when opening emails from unknown senders or unexpected sources. Phishing emails often impersonate trusted entities to steal your login credentials.
Regularly Update Your Password:
- Change your email password periodically, especially if you suspect any security breaches or unauthorized access.
Secure Your Recovery Email and Phone Number:
- Ensure that your recovery email address and phone number associated with your email account are up to date and secure. These are used for account recovery.
Use Encrypted Connections:
- When accessing your email, use secure, encrypted connections (HTTPS) to protect your login credentials and data.