IDS AND ID REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES
Reporting the Lost Employee ID:
- Immediate Notification:
- Advise the employee to report the loss of their ID card to their immediate supervisor or HR department as soon as possible. Time is of the essence to prevent potential security breaches.
- Confirm the employee's identity by asking for additional verification, such as their employee number, a government-issued ID, or other personal information. This helps ensure that the card is reissued to the rightful owner.
- Disable or deactivate the lost employee ID card in any access control systems, security systems, or electronic door locks to prevent unauthorized entry.
Reissuing the Employee ID:
- Request a Replacement:
- The employee should formally request a replacement ID card through their HR department or the designated point of contact. This request should be in writing and include necessary details, such as their name, department, and reason for the replacement.
- HR or the relevant department should verify the employee's authorization to receive a replacement ID card. This may involve confirming their employment status and ensuring there are no security concerns.
- Once authorization is confirmed, generate a new employee ID card. Include the employee's name, a recent photo, employee number, department, and any other necessary information.
- If the employee ID card is used for access control systems (e.g., swipe card for building access), assign a new access code or update the existing one to maintain security.
- We Inform the employee when their new ID card is ready for pick-up. Provide instructions for collecting the card.
- Employee Training:
- We encourage employees to take responsibility for their ID cards and inform them of the procedures to follow in case of loss.
- We Consider using more secure ID card systems that include features like RFID, biometrics, or smart chips to enhance security and make it harder for unauthorized individuals to use lost cards.
- We Conduct periodic audits of ID card access logs to identify any unusual activity or potential security breaches.
- We Promote security awareness within KUTRRH to remind employees of the importance of keeping their ID cards secure and reporting losses promptly.